Are you a law student? Use your legal skills for the public good.
India Justice Foundation (IJF) is pleased to announce the IJF Online Internship Programme for Law Students.
We are looking for dedicated and dynamic law students, including 1st-year students who are committed to advance our vision of providing accessible and affordable legal aid. If the idea of doing an Internship at a Legal NGO interest you, then read further. While you can be based anywhere in India – Delhi, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Chennai or Gujarat, you will need to commit 1-2 hours daily to do the assignments as part of the legal internship program that is designed for law students. We also have spots for law students in Bangalore to come to our office on weekends for the internship.
Why India Justice Foundation?
There are a wide variety of ways in which an organization may need support – they may need an intern abroad, assistance researching projects, court reporting, drafting articles, interviewing, translating, secondary support for lawyers or practical assistance in the office. You can use your knowledge and resources to work for the public good work tackling a diverse range of issues. It is an opportunity to enhance your legal career by engaging with like-minded professionals and making new contacts with NGOs, charities, social enterprises, and other organizations.
The shortlisted candidate would have the following tasks primarily –
- Legal research – Assist with legal research on case laws, data collection, and analysis.
- Content writing – You will be asked to write articles on a wide array of topics. These would be short articles of about 400 to 750 words. These articles would be published on our social media handles. (the articles should not be plagiarised and should be an original work of the writer) On a weekly basis, you would be given a set of articles that have to be completed that you can do as per your pace but you have to submit them on the dates that you have agreed upon with your supervisor. (unnecessary delay and poor quality of articles could lead in termination of your internship)
- Promotion on Social Media Handles – You would be asked to promote our social media pages and help in spreading our goals of affordable and accessible justice.
Eligibility for the Internship
- Age between 18 – 30 years.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proficiency in using Google Docs, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Location: Online. Remuneration: Voluntary/Unpaid Period: 2 Month
How to apply for the Law Student internship?
Please send the following to this email address – email@example.com
- CV (not more than 2 pages)
- Statement of interest (not more than 200 words)
- And a 500-word writeup on any one of the following topics:
- How Legal Aid helps with the idea of Affordable and Accessible Justice?
- Role of RTI in democratizing governance
- Free Legal Aid is a basic human right
- The current scenario about Free Legal Aid Services in India
- Your thoughts and ideas on Prisoners’ Reforms
- Your thoughts and ideas on Judicial Reforms
- Your thoughts and ideas on Police Reforms
If you are selected for the next stage, you will be contacted by the concerned person directly.
Legal Internship Benefits
- Internship Certificate
- Consideration for Office Internship at our Law Firm
- Exposure of working with High Court & Supreme Court lawyers
- Recommendation Letter for Exceptional Performers
Please note that India Justice Foundation reserves all rights to change the course of the Virtual Internship without prior notice.